It’s a brand new school year, and since this is the first edition of weekly announcements for the year, it is packed full of info. So get a cup of coffee or tea and let’s get started.
- The Volleyball Lady Lions have been working hard the last few weeks getting ready for their season. They played in their first matches over the weekend posting a win on Friday night over Lancaster Christian followed by back to back losses to Riverside Christian and Fayetteville Christian on Saturday at the Lancaster Christian Academy VolleyJam Invitational Tournament.
- Fundraising Challenge – Thanks to those who participated in our Fundraising Kickoff. With some last minute donations we were able to surpass our goal of $10,000 and have secured the matching donation that was pledged. This is just the beginning however; in order to keep tuition affordable we must make up the difference between expenses and tuition income by fundraising continuously. In fact the $20,000 raised is going to be immediately spent to replace air conditioning units in the Pre School that have failed recently. Please consider a monthly gift to our Aspire Fund. The purpose of the Aspire Fund is to fill in the difference between tuition and expenses — less than 3% of private schools in the U.S. are able to cover expenses completely with tuition.
- Monday – Registration night starts at 6:00 PM. Volleyball matches at Madison Academy Tournament.
- Tuesday – No School for Students — Teacher In-Service Day. Volleyball matches at Madison Academy Tournament.
- Wednesday – **First Day of School** Students may be dropped off at the flag pole entrance beginning at 7:15 and lasting until 7:45; after 7:45 students should be dropped off at the sidewalk leading beside the office. If you are walking your child to class on the first day, please park in a parking space and wait until after 7:45 to come in through the door by the office. If you need to drop a student off before 7:15, please notify the school office and they can be dropped off as early as 6:30 at the Pre-School building for an additional fee.
- Lunch Entrees: Wednesday -Sloppy Joe’s; Thursday – Chicken Nuggets; Friday – Cheeseburgers
- No Change to the Afternoon pickup process – Pick up has been working well, so we are not changing. We will continue to use the double lane pickup, just remember that trucks, vans, and SUV’s should use the left hand lane so that the children waiting can more easily see which vehicles are in line. Please follow all directions from the staff members working the afternoon pickup and once pickup starts please turn your radio down and do not use your phone. Excited young students and distracted drivers are a very very dangerous mix. There are also no changes to the morning drop off process – details for drop off were discussed above in the Wednesday section.
- Dress Code Change — For the 2017-18 school year we are adding a light blue polo embroidered with the school logo to the dress code. These shirts will be allowed to be worn during the normal dress code school days. Since light blue can be interpreted very broadly, only light blue polos ordered through the school will be allowed. Navy and white uniform tops may still be purchased wherever you choose to shop. Only light blue must be purchased through the school. We will have samples of the light blue polos and order forms available on Registration Night, August 7th. The cost will run from $10-$18 depending on the style and size. Orders may be placed through Friday, August 11th for the first batch of light blue polos.
- Discount Cards — Ready for that 10% savings or that BOGO coffee from Mickey D’s? Discount cards will be passed out starting at Registration Night. The cards are $10 each and provide a much greater value than that to the purchasers. As has been the case in the past, each family will have a sales quota.
- HELP WANTED — As mentioned earlier, fundraising is a year round need for CA. At Registration night a table will be set up with sign-up sheets for all of our scheduled fundraisers. Please bring your calendar and be prepared to sign up for the events that interest you.
- Calling all Music Lovers — Mrs. McVey will be setting up our first school Band this year. If you happen to have a clarinet, saxophone or other band instrument stashed in a closet or your attic, please consider donating it to our Band program. Bring instrument donations to the school office and Mrs. Shannon will be happy to issue you a receipt that you can use on your Income Taxes.
- Fall/Winter Consignment Sale –Have you heard? The Consignment Sale is being expanded. There will be 3 public sale days instead of 1 followed by the ever popular half price day on Saturday August 26th. Appointments for drop offs begin on Saturday August 19th and continue on Sunday and Monday. All drop-offs are by appointment only. Workers get first pick at the items in the Sale on Tuesday August 22nd at 5:00 followed by Consignors at 6:00. The Sale is open to the public Wednesday – Friday. All workers are rewarded with the early shopping privilege, so sign up for a few hours. Contact Michelle Brock 931-212-5970 to volunteer to work or sign up for an appointment. Check out the sale flyer for answers to your sale related questions.
If you made it to the end, you deserve a pat on the back — thanks for hanging in there and reading all of the way through. Please remember to lift our school up in prayer daily. Thank you for trusting us with your kids.